HOW TO BECOME A GM
If you’re interested in joining the NBA Front Office community for the long-term, please send a message here answering the following questions:
- Fantrax ID:
- Email address:
- Favourite team(s):
- Teams you’d like to manage, and why:
- CBA knowledge and willingness to learn:
- Willingness to become an Assistant GM first:
If your application is successful, you will get a personal welcome email from the Commissioner.
Please try to find the time to dig into the rules, the forum, and the spreadsheet! It may be a lot to digest at first, but will pay off at the end. Be humble and avoid trades for the first couple of weeks. Here are the places where you’ll find much more information: rules, our FAQ thread, the spreadsheet FAQ, and www.cbafaq.com
FIRST DUTIES OF A GM
- Be humble and avoid trades for the first couple of weeks. Plenty of cold-blooded GM’s out there waiting to take advantage of new people’s excitement.
- Please update the Trade Block!
- Let the commissioner know where you’re originally from if you’d like to appear on our map.
- Post in your team blog: Give us some spicy trade rumors! Guess which rookie will soon change the course of history! Tell us which free agents you’re going to bring in this summer! Is your coach getting fired?
- Recruiting is key, and we could use some help. So please bring in a friend or two, advertise on your favorite forum etc!